Saturday, May 12, 2007

Nikon D60

We have been budgeting for about a year and I feel like it's going pretty well. We have our own money each month to spend on whatever we want. I really really want a Nikon D60 digital SLR camera... but they are about $600... and I get $50 bucks a month.
So for 1 year of not buying anything for myself I could get it! That's kinda crazy though right? I mean I guess I have expensive tastes and all, and I already have a regular 7.2 megapixel digital camera, but I want this one! I know paying off debt is important and I don't need the camera so I am going to save up.
I am at 181 dollars right now (from birthday money and monthly budget money!) and I just won 50 bucks in a contest. June is coming up so I'll have another 50! heh, and that means I am almost halfway there. I guess good things come to those who wait for a very long time! I hope I don't want anything else in the mean time, or change my mind!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As a fellow personal finance blogger, and more appropriately for this post, a professional photographer, may I suggest you take a look at Canon models as well?

The D60 is nice, but a Canon would likely be a better investment than a Nikon should you decide to sell down the road. :)

That, and Canon just plain old makes a better camera. (If you watch sporting events or even red carpet shows, the white/cream coloured lenses are Canons and they far outnumber the black Nikon ones...)

Jaime said...

Thanks Chris! It figures I had researched again and just bought the Nikon D40 camera today!! Darnit!

I am still a novice (and while I own a Canon point and shoot camera that I love) I hope the Nikon works ok too!

Jaime said...

(I should have read the comments sooner, but I didn't think anyone read my blog!)