Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Giving for knowledge

I am going to a graduation party this weekend. She was a great friend in high school and she is just finishing up college. I haven't seen her very much in the past 4 years but she still seems the same nice person I knew really well back then. For her present I bought her Dave Ramsey's total money makeover... I love the book. I'm not so sure she will love the book. We've never discussed finances at all, and I feel like I am going out on a limb to give it to her. But I LOVE the book. That's why people give some gifts right? It changed my life so she should read it too? I don't know how well this is going to go over. I hope it won't be too insulting!
I just wonder if anyone likes receiving gifts like this? I've never experienced a gift like it before so I have no idea! :)

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Just for my own knowledge she liked the gift! She said she completely understood why we picked it (not because we though she was bad with her money!). She is so down to earth so I somewhat knew she would be cool with it. But yay! :)